From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 09:35:54 -0400

At various times I have read lists of people who were dyslexic who have
become world leaders (Nelson Rockefeller comes to mind).  People who were
gay who have become leaders (Tchaikovsky, for example). People who have
become leaders who have various other problems in their lives like
blindness or parapalegia... Those lists must be helpful in setting up role
models for others who are in the same categories.  But never have I known
of any celiacs who were leaders.   Do we run out of energy before we become
winners, or are we just undiagnosed?   Or do those celiacs who are leaders
not mention their condition?  Someone on this list once mentioned the
possibility that Audrey Hepburn might have been a celiac.  That's a guess,
but there seems to be some logic behind it.  I'd like to know if anyone on
the list knows of celiacs who have become really important in their fields.
Let's see if we can find some role models that will prove to us that we
won't run out of energy and that we, and our celiac children, can become
leaders.

Gayle K