From:
NICKI HUMPHRIES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 1996 10:14:45 EST

Do other celiacs find their gastrointestinal systems more sensitive
to\ less able to digest raw vegetables (e.g., lettuce) and fruits
(e.g., apples, blueberries) and cooked corn on the cob ?  If this
inability a result of some lasting celiac effect -- even when on a
gluten free diet and having biopsy confirmed restored villi?

What about gluten free honey? I know that babies are not to be fed
honey because of a bacillus (or some bacteria) that can be found in
honey that babies' systems are not yet able to deal with.  Can celiac
disease have a similar effect?  I'm trying to track down what has
given me trouble, and at this point, my daily two cups of tea with
honey seem possible.

nicki humphries
university of maryland medical system
baltimore, md.