From:
Amy Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 1996 21:13:05 -0700

Hello Everyone. A few recent posts have inspired me to actually write
back, singing the praises of a product called: Better Than Milk?,
subtitled a "Dairy Free Tofu Beverage Mix." But don't let that scarry
subtitle stop you, it wins the taste test with me hands down.

It comes in a canister, much like some of the other milk alternatives. On
the can itself it says that the product is caseinate free, cholesterol
free, has natural B12, is lactose free, is rich in calcium (50% of the
RDA in one serving), and is gluten free.

This must be one of the few products that I have seen that has the gf
claim on the label... Cool. Very cool. It isn't sickeningly sweet like
the rice drinks, or too funky like the soy beverages in boxes.. It's
pretty much just right, as far as taste and color go... However, tastes
tend to be quite subjective, so I suppose if my post has piqued your interest at
all, you'll fork over the $9.50 for 32 servings and see for yourself.

I'm from Portland, Oregon, and I bought it at Nature's... But it's
distributed by Sovex Natural Foods, Inc.; Box 2178; Collegedale, TN 37315

The ingredients are: Malodextrin (from rice), soy milk, calcium
carbonate, soy protein isolate, fructose, tofu powder, sea salt, titanium
dioxide (a mineral for color), potassium chloride, carrageenan gum,
natural flavors, soy lecithin, cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12).

Icky, I know... Don't ask me why it actually tastes okay.

Well, if somebody's already talked about Better Than Milk?, I apologize
for this long post... But I've been subscribing for over 6 months, and I
don't think I've seen anything about it...

Amy Lester