From:
Maureen Marx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 1996 17:14:51 -0400

My daughter's is allergic to milk, egg, soy, nuts, and tomatoes in addition
to not being able to have most grains and because I am breastfeeding I follow
the same diet that she does.  I decided to start making my bread but am
having a lot of trouble adapting recipes.  By the time I do all the
substitutions, what I'm left with doesn't work too well.  My bread rises and
then falls when baking (even if I reduce the water) and I'm hoping that if I
add methylcellulose that will help.  What I'm looking for is some guidelines
for using methycellulose (in addition to xanthum gum?) or hearing from anyone
who has these restrictions and has found somethings that works.

Thanks!

Maureen Marx