From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] 9706D 2389 34 16_Novacain [log in to unmask], 27 Jun 1997 08:56:36 -0400462_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Thank you to all who responded to my question concerning NOVACAIN.

Now that my head has cleared I can summarize....

Four other people reported headaches, feeling weird, and migranes after getting
dental work with Novacain....> source in it that I've never tried. I was a whole-grain junkie
> pre-diagnosis!

I've also used rice bran and rice polish as part of Bette
Hagman's GF flour mix. I will normally substitute the fiber source
for 1/8 to 1/4 of the rice flour in her mix. I find it adds
a pleasant taste, but make sure that the bran, especially,
isn't too old. I just smell the bran [...]44_14Mar199701:51:[log in to unmask] 9703B 2986 20 35_Bangor, Maine Support Group [log in to unmask], 14 Mar 1997 08:15:11 -0500538_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Hi Folks,

The Celiac Sprue Support Group of the Greater Bangor Area will
hold their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, March 18 at 7 pm
St. Joseph Healthcare, 12 Stillwater Ave., Bangor, Maine.

Following the regular meeting - refreshments will be served - this
month sweet muffins (date) from Miss Roben's Gluten-Free -Wheat-
Free Catalog! Come join us - bring your favorite recipe or idea on
gf living. [...]39_14Mar199708:15:[log in to unmask] 9703B 3007 9 13_gluten in IVs16_MARY C [log in to unmask], 14 Mar 1997 09:13:01 EST298_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that IVs bypass
the gut, and therefore, we didnt have to worry about Ivs or IM
injections. Anybody know anything about that?? Mary in MI35_14Mar199709:13:[log in to unmask] 9703B 3017 25 12_Low-carb'ing10_Erin [log in to unmask], 14 Mar 1997 08:47:10 CST409_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Excuse my ignorance but could someone fill me in on the benefits of
low-carb'ing? How does low-carb'ing affect one's ability to (umm,
how do I say this politely..) ...efficiently move bodily waste
through the system...?

Thanks
Erin in Winnipeg, Canada
(It's March & still -20 degrees)44_14Mar199708:47:[log in to unmask] 9703B 3043 18 19_Numbness in fingers13_Jan R. [log in to unmask], 14 Mar 1997 10:40:36 -0500619_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

I wake up most morning with numbness in fingers on right hand and it
gets worse as I apply makeup and use the curling iron. Then it doesn't
bother me again until the next morning! I have made an appointment with
a neurologist as my doctor advised. Could this be a problem connected
with Celiac Sprue? Should I be seeing a different kind of doctor? I
made several trips to a chiropractor with no relief. My doctor doesn't
seem very concerned with the other diseases I hear mentioned -
diabetes, [...]37_14Mar199710:40:[log in to unmask] 9703B 3062 25 40_New French Toast Crunch by General [log in to unmask], 14 Mar 1997 11:01:30 -0500620_- <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your situation.>>

Dear Freinds,
I just got off the phone with General Mills. I was checking on the
ingredient list for the new French Toast Crunch cereal. They first
explained to me that all of their cereals had gluten. I explained that
the ONLY gluten I was concerned about was Wheat, Oat, Rye and
Barley. The person explained that they were a Wheat based company
and co
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 21:03:50 +0000

Well- happy trails. Here's one suggestion I'd like to throw into the
ring. If you have some favorite GF (non-cook foods) and you know you
will be at certain destinations by a vague timeline..... (a  post office
will hold things for 10 days). Send a box of gluten free goods to
several  destination points. You may not be able to find trusted brands,
or towards the end you may be too tired to hunt down safe foods, or you
may have had a reaction & want to know your trusty box 'o goods is there
for you.

Restaurant eggs may be OK for a while, but you can burn out on them too,
so some cereal may appeal to you when you kick back in your room.

I did this on a family visit. When I was in a strange place, I did not
want to spend my free time investigating unknown brands- I could dip
into my box & have a hassle free lunch, snack or breakfast. I was a
lifesaver.

Fran