From:
Gary Tremaine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 09:54:07 -0400

Maple Leaf a large Canadian Food (primarily meats) processor/distributor
has a helpline at 1-800-268-3708. We recently contacted them for
information on one of their products, and the representaive we talked to
Cynthia Briggs was most helpful. She offered to forward a list of their
gluten free products which turned out to be a 4 page listing of gluten
free products distributed under the brands "MAPLE LEAF", "YORK", "BON
APPETIT", "DEVON", "JUBILEE", "SHOPSY'S", "OVERLANDER", "BURNS"  as well
as some shortening & lard and whipped toppings.  **PLEASE NOTE** Not all
products in the above brand names are gluten free but each brand
purports to have one or more products that is gluten free on the market.
                      Regards
                        Gary