From:
Rosemary Richards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 11:48:16 GMT-10

About 2 years ago here in Australia The National Food standards were
changed from so called Gluten Free, (which allowed .03% gluten I
think) to a dual standard, that of Gluten Free, and Low Gluten.

The Gluten Free labelled foods MUST now be gluten free and the Low Gluten
can contain up to .02% gluten.

Funnily enough, since the introduction of these standards I have seen
more and more GF labelled products but I have still to see one
labelled Low Gluten.

I used to have to avoid the so called GF products as they could and
did make me quite ill from time to time, I now found I can buy the GF
products with confidence.

Zero Gluten  products are a reality here as they should be anywhere,
just make enough noise and you will get there.

Rosemary Richards,

Melbourne Australia