From:
"d. resch" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 1996 08:18:06 -0400

List Members:

The IRC meeting scheduled for last Tuesday evening went well  even though
we had a small number of participants.  I have since received posts from
several other list members who say they are still interested.  I think this
could be a valuable and workable endeavor.  We will attempt another meeting
on Sunday, July 7th at 6:00 P.M. Eastern Time.  Anyone who can figure out
how to get to IRC is welcome.

>I will name the channel         #celiac

I felt a little ridiculous asking a password last time, so I won't.   On a
very rare occassion, there are people that visit channels where they don't
belong  and say inappropriate things.   It is easy to just kick them off
and ban them from the channel.

>My nickname on the channel will be :    andi_

If you have a common name, as I do, you will find it necessary to have a
nickname because your name will probably be already in use by someone else
on IRC.

>AGAIN<  If you are unfamiliar with IRC, please take the time to read the
>information on the web pages that I have listed below.  If you do not know
>how to find information on the web, but do have access to IRC, contact me
>and I will see if I can e-mail you some information from the web pages to
>get you started.
>
>I usually use one of the following servers:
>/server irc.rutgers.edu
>/server irc.ais.net
>/server irc.cris.com
>/server irc.kern.com
>/server irc.stealth.net
>/server irc.funet.fi
>
>There are thousands of servers.  Find the one closes to you that works!
>I look forward to chatting with some of you on Sunday.

ALSO, if anyone has any information on the ACS conference on  Nov 9 in New
York city, I would appreciate it greatly if you would e-mail me.

Debbie Resch
West Creek, New Jersey

>>THE WORLD OF IRC
>>http://www.innotts.co.uk/~backup/irc.html
>>
>>STEB-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR IRC
>>http://www.iadfw.net/dug/irc.html
>>
>>INSTRUCTIONS FOR WINDOWS IRC CHAT SOFTWARE
>>http://www.rust.net/~kaffeine/winirc.html
>>
>>INSTRUCTIONS FOR MACINTOSH IRC CHAT SOFTWARE
>>http://www.rust.net/~kaffeine/macirc.html
>>http://www.spectra.net/%7Edsaur/chat.html  (I use Ircle)
>>
>>---If your service provider does not provide IRC access, you may want to
>>consider finding a new provider.  Below are two resources that will help
>>you to access information about providers in your area.  If you are using a
>>major provider like AOL, you should take the time to see what other
>>services may be offered in your area by smaller providers.  Sometimes they
>>offere cheaper monthly fees, unlimited access and local call up numbers,
>>but you won't know this unless you do the research because they do not
>>advertise like AOL, Compuserve, etc.
>>

>>THE LIST (INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS)
>>http://thelist.iworld.com/
>>
>>INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS LIST
>>http://www.commerce.com/net2/internet/isp.html

* To reply to the List, instead of poster, send to [log in to unmask] *
* Usenet posters must be subscribed to the Listserv, in addition to Usenet  *