From:
"Walter D. Barr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 12:07:58 -0400

I usually eat Cream of Rice (Rice Semolena sp?) for breakfast. I recently
purchased a couple of kilo's in a bulk food store near where I live. This
is the only place I know where to get it. Unfortunately the other day
when I went to open the sealed plastic container that I had stored it in
I found a very small worm crawlling around on top of it. I transfered the
little guy to the compost, and made my cerial (the cream of rice is
boiled in water so how much harm can there be). The next day guess what?
Another little guy was on top. I took the whole lot back to the store.
(Fortunately I still had the receipt) and got a refund no problem.

But, I could not face up to buying any more from the store. The person who
ran the store said there where alot more problems from bugs because there
where less chemicals being used in growing the foods these days. She also
suggested I freeze the cerial before I use it.

The long and short of it is I still don't have any breakfast cerial. I
think I will wait a while before I go back (hoping that all of that stock
is gone).

P.S. Any one in the Toronto, Ont. area know some where I can get Cream of
Rice cerial? I have bought it from this store before with no problem and
the price was right $2.50 a kilo.

Walter Barr [log in to unmask]
Love to ski.