Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:48:00 GMT

In an attempt to find, locally, some cold cuts that would be safe for my
son and myself, I contacted Manda Fine Meats in Baton Rouge. I spoke to
Monique Sapia, 1-800-343-2642, who seemed to already be aware of potential
problems for celiacs (e.g. flour used in spices as a carrier, etc). I faxed
her a memo detailing concerns (no wheat, rye, barley or oats in any form;
no derivatives of same including no "ingredients of ingredients"; no cross
contamination possible from processing; no cultures that are grown on the
above grains) and a few days later received the following back: