Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 18:36:22 -0800
From:
Lisa McKinney <[log in to unmask]>

Greetings!

While on vacation in British Columbia a year and a half ago my husband
and I stopped at a local cannery and purchased several things.  One was
their Solid White Tuna.  It was fantastic!!  I never want to buy that
canned stuff at the grocery store again.  No wonder I never liked tuna
before.  I can eat this straight from the can!  They mail-order too.

My question is this:  The ingredients listed are:  tuna, salt.  I
called the company after visiting with "my" dietitian.  She wanted to
know the source of the liquid.  They said it was the natural juices of
the tuna along with some salt, nothing else.  I wondered if any of the
celiacs in B.C. or across Canada are familiar with this product and if
it is safe.  I think it is fine but would like to double-check.  They
have a number of other products they sell -- butter clams, clam nectar,
various types of salmon, et cetera.

I wondered if anyone else has checked this.  It's St. Jean's Cannery
Ltd., 242 Southside Dr., Site G-1, C1, R.R. 1, Nanaimo, B.C. V9R 5K1.
Phone: 604-754-2185, Fax: 604-754-5923.

Thanks in advance.
Lisa, Iowa