Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 16:37:47 -0400

Sorry, but have to add my two cents worth, and then maybe we will have killed
this subject!!.  I have also flown quite a bit, but had gotten to the point I
would only order a fruit plate.  HOWEVER-- it dawned on me the last time I
flew -- we, as a service to each other, have to order a gf meal each time we
fly.  I bring my own food on board ALWAYS, as I am not a nice person when I
haven't eaten.  If we all keep ordering the gf meals, possibly the airlines
will get the message that there are a lot of us out there, and they'll get it
right.  We do need to take the time after the flight, and write the airlines
either way.  If the meal was not gf, explain why it was not, and if it was
compliment them!!  our diet is not easy, and we do have to realize even the
hospitals don't get it right, so why get so peeved at the airlines.  Take our
food everywhere.  We pay as much in the hospital for 1 night as the best
hotel you could stay at, and they dont know how to feed us either.  We have
to keep hanging in there, educating every chance we get.  Mary (MI)