Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 1996 14:41:49 -0400

Has anyone on this list, who does not have celiac disease, but does have
gluten intolerace, know anything about the possibilities of becoming
desensitised to it and being able to eat it again.  Actually, this goes for
other foods as well, such as egg, rice, etc.  I used to be lactose intolerant
and sensitive to potatoes, but somehow, these have gone away and I have no
reaction to them now.

This leads me to conclude that at some point, if I do the right things, I
will be able to include my current food intolerances in my diet.

Also, what, if any, is the difference between wheat allergy/intolerance and
gluten intolerance.  Is there something else in wheat the one can react to
other than gluten?

Silandara