From:
Linda Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 22:46:56 -1000

    I have to agree with ASM (I believe those were the initials used in her
last reply). Why should it be so difficult for those of us with celiac to be
able to find a place to eat that doesn't look at us like we've lost our mind
when we ask for things to be prepared in a special way? Why should we find
it difficult even after reading a label to find if its gluten free or not?
It has always bothered me that the food companies would not be bother to
list EVERYTHING they are putting in our food today. After learning that it
is done in New Zealand I would think the USA could manage this as well.
    We should be able to travel, have fun, live a normal life without
jumping through hoops and having to explain why we need foods without wheat.
How many times have you run across a person who things macaroni and
spaghetti are gluten free? or cereals, or breads. I've had people tell me
that thought bread was safe because its made with FLOUR, not Wheat? Now THAT
is scary to me.

my two cents,
Lyn Taylor

Every man dies, Not every man really lives!