From:
PHARMACY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 1996 10:46:24 -0400

I phoned in gf meals on my American Airlines flight - to and from New Mexico.
I was SHOCKED when the flight attendant brought me a s pecial meal consisting
of fruit salad - a rice cake and a banana (breakfast flight). The rice
cake was fresh and crispy too.

On the return - They brought me a special meal - a turkey sandwich on a
wheat roll - a bag of sun chips and chocolate chip cookies.
I got very upset about this and immediately talked to the flight attendant.
 She said she has never seen the code that was placed on my reservation  -
and she had no idea what a gf meal was.   When I explained - no bread
(she was blond and from Texas) in simple terms - she looked at me blankly
and said "this is all we have"

I was annoyed - being caught off guard -  from my pleasant experience flying
out. Since ther was NOTHING I could salvage from the meal - and having my
flight delayed SEVEN HOURS - I did not eat from lunch time till the next
day.  Sitting in an airplane on a runway for 7 hours is enough - but
having your blood sugar drop from not eating because of an American
screwup is beyond.

Thank you American.
***disclaimer:
               Sorry about venting (as I usually bring my own food)
               Sorry to anyone who is blonde and from Texas - (it was
               this one or two flight attendants)