From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 1996 08:23:18 -0700

Hi!
Whenever I visit my mum (who is also a celiac but thinks gluten intolerant
is more descriptive), we discuss our disorder and I always leave with a
number of new questions.

Is Nutty Rice by Pacific Grains gluten free? It seems to me that I read a
posting that said no.

How about Remy Marten Fine Champagne Cognac VSOP? I advised Mum not to touch
this until I found out something about brandies. I think it would be
dangerous. She also takes morphine for 2 botched operations: knee and hip,
which left her in extreme chronic pain.

I read in the Encyclopaedia Brittanica under Gluten that is is used as
Cattle feed. Since experiments have shown that celiac disease can be induced
in cats, could cows get it too? Mum has just turned vegetarian.

Thankyou everyone for your help with regard to my daughter's pimples:
In brief most suggested that puberty and/or sweets are her problem as well
as a lack of vitamin A. I know she appreciates the help too as she was
puzzled about the condition.

Thankyou all for everything; I have learned so much!

All the best,

Maple Ridge, B.C. Canada