From:
Jeryl Cordell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 15:34:41 -0800

Hi all,
As I read more about "triggers" that can bring CD on I believe that is why
I got this at middle age.  One was loss of job, the other was that I waws
eating wheat all day long in attempt to bring my cholesterol down and
"eat healthy."  It was shredded wheat for breakfast, a sandwich or
bagel for lunch, often pasta for dinner and snacks were pretzels or
crackers...of course all with veggies and fruit and meats.  I had no idea
that an onslaught of one "benign" food could trigger a life-long allergy to
it.
My question is, does anyone know of a similar disease lurking out there
that is identical to CD but is about rice allergy?  I'm powering down a lot
of rice...cereal in the AM, cakes/crackers, milk substitute, it's the most
available starch when eating out  for lunch or dinner, etc.  Am I courting
a second disaster, or is wheat unique in that regard? I vary with corn or
potatoes when I can, but rice seems to be the mainstay.
Any thoughts?   I'll compile answers and rebroadcast.
Jere in San Diego