From:
Thomas B Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 01:05:45 -0500

Since January Welbilt has been manufacturing a horizontal bread maker,
model ABM5000.  I purchased one to see how it would work with gluten-
free flour mixes, but just received notice that this model is being
recalled because of a possible overheating problem. Most of these
were sold through the cable TV shopping service, QVC.  Anyone who
received one of these as a gift may not have been notified of the
recall and should discontinue use.  The customer service departments
at both QVC and Welbilt informed me that other models are fine, but
that all the ABM5000's are being recalled.

My sources about the breadmaker recall were the customer service departments at
QVC and Welbilt, 1-800-367-9444 and 1-516-747-1216 respectively.

Thomas B Smith <[log in to unmask]>