Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 20:12:09 -0800

Hi all,
Is anyone aware of child language development being affected by Cd. My
sister and her son tested 'borderline for CD' using the assay and were
told it was 63% accurate (don't quote me, this is what they were told).
She has experiences odd mood swings, the child displays occasional
'hyper' behaviour. He has had hearing impairment amounting to 90% in one
ear and full hearing in the other. He is 5 and is still missing certain
language capabilities, as in leaving the first letter off words. Has
anyone with a CD child seen such a thing outside of this additional
complication. He had tubes put in and I believe his hearing is now 100%
for some months but my sister wonders if his diagnosis might be a
problem. He is a bright, loveable kid in every other rspect. We are just
concerned.
Thanks so kindly for any help,
Lisa