From:
Hendriek Boshuizen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 13:11:14 +0100

Dear list,

I am intrigued by the differences in prevalence of CD
between countries, especially between the U.S. and
Europe. Of course, part (or maybe all) of the differences
are due to differences in detection rates and awareness.
But I am also wondering whether childhood CD might have
something to do with infant feeding practises. Therefore
I would like to know more of what is the "standard"
feeding practise in the US (what are the first solid
foods, when do you start them, do you give pap in
bottles, what is the composition of the most used infant
formulas, what gluten containing foods are given en when,
etc.). Can someone help me with this? It might give me
some ideas for a possibly safer diet for my newborn
second daughter (the eldest has CD).
Thanks,
Hendriek Boshuizen ( [log in to unmask] )