From:
Roy Trumbull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 10:17:00 -0800

I am very happy that I came across this group because it
has led me to examine certain aspects of my life that
have eluded my doctors.

I am not certain about CD but I am certain that the gut
is very unhappy. I am a person who has been 50 lbs overweight
for all of my adult life. I've had several hernia operations
which taught me that hypertension and other symptoms can be
caused by GI distress.

For several years I've had the problem of being cold on a
normal temp day with the hands being quite cold. Other
problems showed up as well. This problem comes and goes.
I've tied in into gluten to the extent that a Danish at
10am will put me into the deep freeze for 4 to 5 hours.
The heat from digestion of a meal can be delayed for up
to 6 hours when there is gluten in the meal. And then
there were the headaches.

Some malabsorbtion is taking place because I find that a
regular one-a-day vitamin is needed to make things normal
even without gluten in the diet. An aspirin every other
day also makes the GIs better although I know that is the
opposite of what you'd expect.

Has anyone else experienced the coldness? If not I shall
call my symptom "digestus interuptus".

And, as many have indicated, finding just the right doctor
even in an urban area is hell.