From:
Annmaureen Surra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jul 1996 09:04:21 -0500

Subject: kosher for adults

I know the airline stories have been many. I was inspired by reading
some of them. Yesterday, I called Continental and tried to set up a
suitable Gluten-free meal for my upcoming flight in September.

To keep my story short, two facts got through  to the lady who said she
could accommodate me.

"We have Gluten-free meals for children; Kosher for adults. There are
no kosher meals for children and no gluten-free meals for adults" With
that choice, I told her to order a "Kosher" meal for me. I was
determined not to say "never mind, I'll carry my own".  That makes it too
easy for the airlines. I will check over my Kosher meal and see how it
rates "for gluten-free adults."

If it does not suit me, I will tell the stewardess that my pre-ordered
Kosher for adults was not "gluten-free". Maybe they will pay
attention?AMS