From:
"Karyn S. Friedman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 13:27:55 -0400

Here's what I heard back from the group re: Nutty Rice:

One person knew of a person who was having trouble which went away when she
dropped Nutty Rice after learning that Nutty Wheat and an oats barley product
are made on the same line.   One person had some discomfort after using Nutty
Rice in a granola mixture.

Pacific Grain does some nominal cleaning though not as much as Arrowhead
(they vacuum the line.)  They do not promise that their nutty rice cereal is
gluten free for this reason.

There was some speculation that those who react may have hypersensitivity to
gluten that is allergy-related.

"Guess one has to decide this one by one's symptoms."

My son tolerates it, but it is always possible that we have been lucky enough
to get the cereal from the end of the production run.  It seems that this
product is tolerated by many of those on this list.

Please join me in sending a postcard requesting that this cereal be made GF -
if they get even a dozen I bet it'll make a difference:

Perky's 100% Natural Nutty Rice Crunchy Cereal

Pacific Grain Products
PO Box 2060
Woodland, CA  95776

Karyn