From:
Jane Ehrenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 16:13:44 -0500

I had a very busy morning -- I also spoke with an unnamed consumer
service rep at McCormick Schilling who told me that all of their extracts
have an ethyl alcohol (non-grain derived) base.  Also that the
ingredients are on the label (nothing hidden).  She did mention that the
vanilla extract contains corn syrup but it is on the label.  The company
states that the alcohol in the extracts is safe for those with celiac
disease.  She did qualify that she would have to check on specific
flavorings with the lab people (when I asked about the artificial
flavors) but suggested that I call regarding any specific product I may
have a question about.  McCormick & Co, Inc.  1-800-632-5847.

Jane (in VA)

P.S.  These people are also very aware of us.