From:
"Denise C. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 12:04:42 -0500

I tinker around in the kitchen a lot and this is what I've come up with
lately.  It would be good for hiking and camping.  It can be mixed in a
bowl and spooned into the skillet or use the plastic bag.

1 cup instant potato flakes (dry)
0.25 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
salt, pepper, and dehydrated onion to taste
1 egg
water

Put the potato flakes, cheese, salt, pepper, and onion into a fairly big
plastic bag and shake to mix.  Add the egg and the water a little at a time
and squeeze it all together until the mixture is the consistency of thick
cake frosting.  When it's well mixed, snip one corner off the bag-bottom
(about one inch diagonally) and squeeze the potato mixture through the hole
into a skillet with a little hot oil in it--about the size of Tater Tots.
Brown well on all sides.

I usually double this recipe for my family of four, but I have two
teenagers.  For camping, egg powder could be used and the dry ingredients
mixed in the bag before the trip.  I haven't tried it with egg replacer.
Hope you enjoy!

Denise in Tennessee