Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 1995 09:30:03 -0400
From:

This is a 3-part post.  First of all, I hope someone will post an answer
to the questions regarding Flu shots.  I just got one on Wednesday - my
first time - and did not have a great reaction.  I don't usually have an
immediate reaction to anything but I had stomach pain that night and for
the next few days - also a little bit of hives & itchiness.  I'm not
usually sensitive to eggs.  I'm OK now so I guess it's still better then
getting the flu but I really didn't know their was a recommended shot for
celiacs.

#2 - I got a letter from Hershey Foods this week prepared by their
division of Nutrition and Food Safety listing the most recent update of
PRODUCTS CONTAINING GLUTEN:

Cadbury's - Krisp Choclate bar & Mint Chocolate bar
Hershey's - Bar None Candy Bar, Cookies 'n' Mint bar, Kit Kat Wafer bar,
Krackel chocolate bar, Miniatures chocolate bars, Nuggets cookies 'n'
mint, Whatchamacallit candy bar
Reese's - Nutrageous candy bar
Y & S - Nibs cherry bits & licorice bits & ALL Twizzlers
Hershey's Grocery Products:
        Hershey's chocolate milk mix
        Chocolate malt syrup
        Toppings:  banana split fudge, butterscotch carmel, chocolate
almond, chocolate fudge, chocolate mint, chocolate marshmallow, chocolate
caramel, double chocolate fudge, hot fudge.

REMEMBER - THESE PRODUCTS ABOVE ALL CONTAIN GLUTEN!

#3  I went to a nutritional doctor this past week and got this food list
which included a list some additives that are gliadian-and prolamin-free:
I found this helpful & thought others might too.  The paper he gave me
does not quote the source of this information..

Adipic Acid, Ascorbic Acid

BHA, BHT , Beta carotene, Biotin

Calcium chhloride, Calcium phosphate, Carboxymethylcellulose,
Carrageenan, Citric acid, Corn seetener, Corn syrup solids

Demineralized whey, Dextrimaltose, Dextrose--dextrins, Dioctyl sodium
sulfosuccinate

Folic acid-folacin, Fructose, Fumaric acid

Gums:  acacia, arabic, carob bean, cellulose , guar, locust bean,
tragacanth, xanthan

Invert sugar

Latic acid, Lactose, Lecithin

Magnesium hydroxide, Malic acid, Microcrystallin cellulose, MSG made in
the U.S.

Niacin-niacinamide

Polyglycerol, Polysorbate 60; 80; Potassium citrate, Potassium iodide,
Propylene gycol monostearete, Propylgallate, Pyridoxine hydrochloride

Sodium acid pyraphosphate, Sodium ascorbate, Sodium benzoate, Sodium
caseinate, Sodium citrate, Sodiium hexametaphosphate, Sodium nitrate,
Sodium silaco aluminate, Sorbitol-mannitol, Sucrose, Sulfosuccinate

Tartaric acid, Thiamine hydrochoride, Tri-calcium phosphate

Vanillan, Vitamin A (palmitate),m Vitamins & minerals

Hope this information is helpful.

Debbie Resch
West Creek, New Jersey