From:
Walter & Susan Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 1995 12:59:50 -0600

Christine,

Others know much more about this than I do, but it could be your son has the
non-immunological, toxicological sensitivity to wheat.  I've also recently
gotten test results back on my father who has alzheimers, and his results
were negative, but wheat and milk gave him great gastrointestinal distress,
which have disappeared since he has eliminated them from his diet.  His mind
is working better, too.  I had assumed that since my dad had the GI
distress, that he had to have been experiencing full-blown celiac.  My
daughter and I have the other kind of sensitivity, but no gastric distress.
My daughter, however, found potty training impossible until she was off milk
and wheat.

Sounds like we need to compare notes!

Susan Owens

Celiac professionals:  Has anyone ever investigated the possibility that
celiac could begin with the toxicological problem, and later involve the
immune system?  I have been intrigued with the number of autoimmune diseases
that are found in families of both autists and celiacs.  Do you see where I
am coming from?
                            (Walter & Susan Owens)
                            Dallas, Texas  USA