From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 1996 08:27:11 -0700

Just a tip for helping the stuffing along.  This Thanksgiving (October up
here), was about my 4th GF turkey and stuffing.  I used to use sausage meat
but now I always use 1 lb. ground pork browned with seasoning salt, pepper
and poultry seasoning added to my stuffing before stuffing the bird.  I also
put my bread (all leftover ends, dried out parts of loaves) into the freezer
for months before Turkey time.  When the times comes that I need stuffing, I
take it out to thaw, cut into cubes, then bake in a slow oven to make like
croutons.  With the ground pork added, it gives it the moisture it needs but
not so much that it mushes the stuffing.  Also the browning of the cubes
makes the stuffing firmer.  My first attempt at stuffing with GF bread
turned out a mushy lump.

Anyway just some ideas for Xmas turkey time.
Karen Bulmer - St. Albert, Alberta