From:
MRS JANET RINEHART <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 23:12:35 EST

Dear Celiac Friends,
Our Houston chapter sent the book to one of our physician advisors,
Dr. Sheila Crowe, for review. We both concur that this resource is
highly dangerous for celiacs who might believe that one year on the
special  diet will be a complete cure. This is completely counter to
current physicians' and medical researchers' opinions. The recipes
printed seem to be fine for a gluten-free diet, although they are
highly restrictive, and no mention is given to the avoidance of
distilled vinegar or alcohol.
There are many other much better correct resources to have in your
library to refer to.  Don't bother with this one!   Janet Rinehart,
Houston Celiac-Sprue Support Group.