From:
"Victor J. Samuel Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 11:56:32 -0600

Quite awhile back we discussed the problems with getting glutten-free
meals on airplanes. In October I flew on Northwest airlines and ordered
ahead. I received breakfast both ways, and both ways received non glutten-
free cereals- and once a bagel! The stewardess recommended in the future
that I order a fruit plate for any meal.
        After returning home, I wrote a letter to customer service to
inform them that their caterers were improperly labeling the meals and how
dangerous it could be if someone were not real knowledgeable about what
was allowed and had ingested the forbidden foods.
        I recently received a letter, solely directed to the premise of
not losing a customer in the future, providing a $30 travel voucher, and
the letter had ONE statement referring to the problem- that the appropriate
department would be informed.
        Needless to say, I was very disappointed!       Lynn from Omaha