From:
"Donald D. Kasarda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 11:03:17 PST

Comment from Don Kasarda, Albany, California

As I have said several times before on this list, I know of no reason why
celiac patients should avoid white vinegar.  If it doesn't agree with you, I
have no problem with that, but I don't think it should become yet another
article of faith among celiac patients that it contains harmful gluten.
There is no proof that it does and no proof that it doesn't, but you can say
the same for hundreds of other food substances. And I recall vaguely that
someone else posted to this list that they had checked with the Heinz people
who said that they did not use alcohol from wheat in their white
vinegar--although I don't think that is important.