From:
"Richard K. Puder" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 14:55:05 -0500

Does anyone know of a good GF cold cereal?  I had tracked down Corn Flakes
by Featherweight, but have just learned that the company has again changed
hands.  For the time being, they are not manufacturing Corn Flakes.

I believe I read somewhere that Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard is GF.  Can
anyone confirm that this is correct?

I want to thank all of you (and the list owners, too!) for such a valuable
source of information.  I have learned so much just by reading the daily
postings.  The Internet has allowed me to pull information together on
Celiac Sprue that I could never have done on my own!

Incidentally, I was diagnosed with Sprue about two months ago, at age 71.
I had never had it before, to my knowledge, and only had symptoms about
which I complained for about two months earlier.  The symptoms were bowel
problems (loose bowels, some diarrhea, and tremendous amounts of gas,
frequently odiferous).  Although I had lost 20 lbs. in the last two years,
I attributed the weight loss to the personal physical training that I had
been doing for that same two year period.  Other than the symptoms I
described, I felt fine!  I finally went to my gastroenterologist and was
very lucky in that he had studied Celiac Sprue for a year in his training,
and therefore was able to spot my problem and do all the right procedures.
When I read about the horror stories of some of you--symptoms undiagnosed
for 10 years, eight or more doctors, etc. etc. I become all the more
thankful that I was fortunate enough to select the right doctor.

I have now gained back 10 of the 20 pounds, feel great, and am tolerating
the GF diet.  To really go GF (which I have tried to do in every way
possible) is an education and quite a trying experience.  But worth it!

Again thanks to all of you.

Richard K. Puder
West Orange, NJ