From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 21:55:54 -0500

>I've been intrigued by the idea of gf beer, which has been batted around
>some on this list.  My brother (who brews) says that if beer is well enough
>filtered, all the protein will be removed.  I tested the Negra Modelo with
>the gluten-free pantry's gluten test kit and it came out negative.

Just for the record, I have no testing equipment except my gut, but I tried
Negra Modelo with no negative reaction.  I'm not a great fan of beer, but
sometimes on a hot summer day...

Also find that Woodchuck Draft Cider is made from fermented apple juice,
carameled sugar (that means it has been cooked until it burns a little,
according to my cook books), champagne yeast, sulfites and sorbate to
protect flavor, lightly carbonated.  I have had no trouble with this,
either.  Made by Joseph Cerniglia Winery, Cavandish, VT.

When winter gets you down with a bit of cabin fever, that's just the ticket.

Gayle