From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 12:09:09 -0500

From: Aruna Viswadoss <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 30 Nov 1995 10:15:57 -0500

Here is a nice crepe/pancake recipe.  I know that as kids we
were great fans of this.

1 cup rice flour
2 cups chick pea flour
1/2 cup chopped onions (optional)
3 large green chillies minced well (optional)
salt
1 cup chopped spinach/cabbage/grated carrots singly or in
  combination
Asafoetida 1/5 tsp *if you do not use onions*

Water to make this into a thin batter
Add soda if you choose.

Whisk all the ingredients together using a wire whisk.
Heat a skillet and grease it with some oil. Take a ladle of this
batter, and pour it in a haphazard way (with all kinds of holes
in it) to form a rough circular shape. The batter has to be thin
enough to allow you to do this, but not too thin to make a stew
out of it.
Drizzle a few drops of oil around the edges, and soon, remove
from the skillet and flip it over to cook the other side. Serve
with saambar or coconut podi or onion chutney rolled into it.

I usually add some roasted cummin seeds, curry leaves, and
chopped cilantro to the batter. Also, instead of adding the
onions and cabbage raw, I saute them to a golden brown in a
little bit of oil to bring out their flavors, cool them and then
add them to the batter.