From:
Lynn Worden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 11:26:33 PDT

My grandmother almost certainly had gluten intolerance.  I remember her
telling me that when she was young people called her scatterbrained, and now
that she was old they call her senile, but that she was forgetful all her
life.  In her family, every one who lived past the age of 60 was horribly
afflicted with alzheimers...  We were discussing this because memory has
always been a problem for me, also.

Tongue in cheek, I will say that when I took the amino acid supplement
phenylalanine(isolated and in purified form, 500 mg capsules; expensive; 1 -
2 caps/day) I noticed a definite improvement in memory.

Lynn in Ellensburg, Washington