Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 09:34:58 -0500
From:

Does anyone have experience using regular milk rather than dried in
bread making/bread machine recipes? I have been using Betty Hagman's
recipes which are wonderful but I am lactose intolerant in addition to
CD and really hate the taste of soy (which is the substitute she
suggests). Now that Lactaid markets a 100% lactose reduced nonfat milk I
want to try using that in place of the dried nonfat milk she suggests.

My best guess would be to just substitute the milk for an equal part
of water. So if the recipe said 2/3 C dried then I would use 2/3 C
regular milk and reduce the water by 2/3 C. Does anybody know whether
this will or won't work? I hate to have to throw a whole bread's worth
of ingredients out if I don't have to.

Thanks,
Jill Lehman
Pittsburgh