Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 1996 10:13:03 -0800

I posted some comments recently about encouragement, etc.  In the post, I
mentioned a "pizza story with my daughter."  I have had so many replies,
I feel I need to respond.  It is interesting, but the "pizza deal" was
only an example of family reaction and should have obviously been
excluded from the post because that is what got all the attention rather
than the motivation I hoped to pass on.  Perhaps you got that too, but
were just concerned about my reaction on the "pizza."  I was not
miserable about them eating pizza and I had no trouble getting my own.  I
guess I was visiting with them while they ate and just found it
interesting that she didn't say something like, "Mom, sorry, I didn't
know what to bring you," or "Let's find something you can eat."  Again,
it was just back to family reactions.  Please don't feel sorry for me--I
was okay.  I would like you to key in on the rest of the post and feel
good about that.  However, thank you for worrying about me.  I am doing
much better in the past six months.  I have bounced past the shock,
anger, confusion, etc. and have found there is all kinds of food,
recipes, etc. out there and we really can eat quite well.  If you are new
on the list, maybe lurking, and trying to work your way through this
also, do take time to find a new recipe once a week and begin to enjoy
and realize there is a lot of hope.  Good food is available.  Must run
and thanks for the concern. - Sharon in KS