Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 23:27:37 -0400

I apologize to the person who posted defending the possiblities of
adding flavor to the GF diet,  I did not go back to get your name.  I
agree wholeheartedly, however, and would like to add my two cents
worth.

The GF diet can be much healthier and tastier than what people have
grown accustomed to eating.  I have recently moved in with two people
who work full-time (I am working on a doctoral dissertation), and they
are surprised to come home in the evening to a meal cooked from scratch,
full of flavor and healthy!  I decided a long time ago that having celiac
disease DID NOT mean that I was going to eat like a sick person, and no
person with celiac disease should give into that temptation.  It makes you
resent your disease and your body, and that is no way to live the rest of
your life.

End of preaching!

I would like to add to the GF good eating tips: salads are a great
lunch or dinner.  Often I but a chicken, roast it over the weekend,
cut it up and freeze it, and thaw it during the week.  It goes well
in salads, for example.  Take time to choose greens that you like,
add some fresh herbs, vegetables, the chicken, a bit of
olive oil and GF vinegar, and you have a great, healthy lunch.  And it
tastes good.  Fish works just as well.

Sr. Tracey (who refuses to whine about food!)