From:
Kristine Renee Penner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 1996 17:03:06 -0700

My name is Kristine Penner, and I haven't been writing much recently, so
I'll give the brief introduction again of saying that I am a sophmore at
Stanford University who was diagnosed with Celiac at age two.

For my Human Biology Policy Course, we have to write an Opinion Editorial
(or Op-Ed) on a policy issue concerning health or the environment.  I have
decided to write mine on labeling laws/hidden ingredients and the problems
this causes for those with intolerances/allergies, such as Celiacs.  I
would really appreciate all y'all's help on a couple things:

1)Stories of getting really, violently sick from something that appeared
harmless.

2)Information on the current labeling laws and any that are being
considered.

3)What action is being taken for the labeling laws to be changed, any
other groups (besides Celiacs) that this affects etc

4)Any other evidence, etc you think might be helpful.

Please e-mail me back personally at

I can also be reached by phone at (415)497-5628, and if anyone has stuff
to fax, I can receive faxes too, although I must be notified before hand.

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
Kristine Penner