From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 22:08:46 -0500

>About a month ago there was some discussion regarding GF vacations, the type
>of vacation or getaway people were looking for, and the cost of same.  Has
>anyone done any research into these possibilties?  I may have a lead for a
>weekend SPA getaway that would include massages, hikes etc, and wonderful GF
>gourmet meals in a beautiful and very comfortable setting.

I'll send this reply to the whole list, as someone else might be
interested.  It was I who suggested a write-in about a gluten-free
vacation, and I had ONE response.  That was just someone saying that he/she
would like to be kept informed if any gluten-free vacation spot could be
arranged.  With this rip-roaring enthusiasm out there, I have not pursued
the possibility any further, tho I think a summer program is possible and
would be a great rest for those of us who run gluten free kitchens 52 weeks
(365 days times three meals plus snacks) a year.

I, for one, would like very much to know of a spa that would feed me gluten
free food for a week or even a weekend.  I, however, would also like
lactose and sugar free food.  And as each one of us seems to have some
additional sensitivities, perhaps this is just too complicated.

My desk is upside down right now as the house is having some dry wall work
done, so I can't locate the original letters, but there was one other
person who knew a chef that would be able to take over a holiday kitchen
and knew about gluten free food. So there are at least three of us who are
on a list...

Perhaps as summer grows closer there are others who will decide that such
an escape might be worth while.  If so, I'll help organize, and I'd love to
attend.
If there are only three of us, we could all meet at our cottage and share KP.
Gayle K.