From:
MRS JANET RINEHART <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:44:07 EST

I want to introduce to you the new GLUTEN-FREE LIVING newsletter
edited by freelance writer Ann Whelan. (Some of you may remember Ann
from the Coalition organizational meeting.)  The first issue, (Jan.
/Feb. 1996, has been published, and I am impressed.  The lead article
is Top Ten Tips for People with Celiac Disease, based on suggestions
of Joseph Murray, M.D., which is very helpful and succinct.  Other
major articles include The Gluten-Free Way to Fill Prescriptions, and
How to Give Great GF Birthday Parties. Dr. Murray, Dr. Alessio Fasano,
 Dr. Ivor Dennis Hill, Michael Jones, Elaine Monarch, and Valerie
Perentesis, Pharm. D., are on the Editorial Advisory Board.  Coming
issues will include a column by Jax Peters Lowell (author of Against
the grain), a continuing series about CD diagnosis, pregnancy and CD,
Lactose Intolerance, and CD and Diabetes.  This new newsletter is for
profit.  One year of 6 issues is $29. A sample issue is $5.95.  Order
from Gluten-Free Living, P.O. Box 105, Hastings-on-Hudson, NY 10706.

I believe the key to successful healthy living with CD is education
about the disease and the GF diet, as well as developing skills for
planning in advance.  We celiacs are very fortunate that in the past
few years a wealth of information has been published thorugh
organization newsletters, chapter newsletters, books, and cookbooks.
I am proud to be part of CSA/USA's efforts to educate celiacs and
DH'ers.  Janet Rinehart, Houston Celiac-Sprue Support Group, and
President-Elect of CSA/USA.