Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 12:09:19 EST

I have to put in my 2 cents on the teeth issue.  Our son has the enamel problem
with his first 2 teeth that came in, the rest are fine.  Our Pediatric Surgeon
and others at the Childrens Hospital we went to (our son had about 3 problems at
birth, only 1 of which was major) said it was enamel hypoplasia and that it
shouldn't effect any other teeth.  Our dentist confirmed it.  With the
combination of  congenital anomalies he had at birth I would be against
encouraging dentists to warn patients that they may have celiac because of an
enamel defect.  It may be they have vitamin deficiencies, it may be they have
celiac, it may be they were born with bad teeth genes, it may be the mother had
problems at that point in her pregnancy when the teeth buds were forming, it may
be a thousand other things.

Tim Meadows,  Warsaw, IN  46580