From:
"P.SHATTOCK" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 00:24:58 +0000

On Mon, 1 Jan 1996, Joy Garmon wrote:

> After living abroad for a few years, I believe that castor sugar is
> simply what we would refer to as regular granulated sugar.  Castor
> would be the term used in Great Britain.  Hope it helps! TTFN, jg

I am not an experienced or skillful cook but I can confirm that, in the
UK at least, castor (or caster as some of the packets spell it) sugar is
just ordinary granulated sugar but the grains are much smaller. Cooks
seem to prefer it that way.

I have seen my wife, in cases of emergency, grind up ordinary sugar in
the coffee grinder to get smaller particles. If she overdoes it we get
icing sugar.

And you say TTFN in the USA too?

Paul Shattock.