From:
Lauren Smith Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 14:52:48 +0700

Several people have written about how celiac's have a high rate of
thyroid problems. Can anyone explain why celiac's are at a higher risk?
And is there any precautionary steps that we can do to prevent it? Any
test that our doctor should be giving us? Otherwise how do you know if
you have a thyroid problem? I have searched through my gluten-free books
and see no information about thyroid problems. Any insights would be
helpful and appreciated.

Lauren Brown
Brookline,MA