Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 19:14:20 -0800

>I am alarmed because the hospital in which she is being treated seems to
>know very little about celiac and she is getting lots of things she can't
>eat.  Tonight she wanted to know if she could eat Kellogg's Rice
>Krispies, Corn Flakes, or Crispix.  I've always avoided those products
>and buy from a natural foods store.  So, I couldn't answer her question.
>These are the choices the dietician is offering her for breakfast
>tomorrow!  Can anyone give me some good advice fast?

Bring foods you know she can eat and make sure the hospital accepts  your
wishes.I am not a Dr. or lawyer and so perhaps don't know the proper way
to go about this but I would personally be VERY tempted to to be very
aggressive,demanding and pushy in this kind of situation,(but only if the
hospital personnel don't "get it and get with it")Just my 2 cents worth :-)

  fidel sez:        /*****\
                   { ¬   ~ }
   HAVE A CIGAR!   \ Q ¬ * /
                    \(~~~)/