From:
Gary Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 1995 23:11:32 -0500

>I am sooo tired of feeling sick when I try hard to stay on the GF diet.  I
>keep eating things inadvertantly that must have glueten in it.  How does
>anyone cope?  Yesterday, I had a chicken taco from a restaurant and I
>spent a miserable evening and I still feel sick today.  Do we have to eat
>all our own
>cooking?  Please tell me how to cope!!

Hi Pam...

How do you cope???  Unfortunately, you have to give up stuff.  Like
restaurants that won't tell you everything, like fast foods, like most
supermarket foods.  But, on the up side, after doing all this, you feel
immeasurably better.  So I make my own lunch and carry it with me anywhere,
work, movies, antiquing, you name it.  I cook some and do a lot of fast one
pot dishes with ingredients I've checked out carefully.  Every now and then
something new sneaks in and then I or my wife get on the phone to the
maufacturer and ask questions.  If the answers are flip, I don't eat it.
But most people have been very helpful.  It helps to say you could end up
in the hospital if eat the wrong stuff.

I went on an elimination diet first to get my health back and then started
slowly adding new foods.  I still never add more than one new food a week,
so as to check on reactions.  Keep with it.

Gary Roberts