From:
"P.SHATTOCK" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 23:49:12 +0100

Thanks for the response Susan,

I am concerned that I might end up asserting something that I cannot
demonstrate to be true so I hope folks will bear with me when I say, once
again that our results are preliminary and will require a lot of
loop-hole filling before being accepted for publication. However, I am
aware that another "urinary-peptide man" is turning up results not
dissimilar to our own.

I was very interested that such problems, with the monthly migraines,
should occur in your family given the presence of autism etc.

The discerning reader may have noted that I did not mention at what time
of the month we found this (presumed) increased leakiness to be most common
(and I
have to say that it is not always precisely the same). It would be
interesting to note at what time of the cycle these problems are most
apparent. Columbo is being repeated on the TV and this is a ploy that he
has often used in such situations.

Forgive me for not getting involved in the amino-acid profiles; I would
prefer to leave that to others but I am glad that you have highlighted
the involvement of B6 in these reactions as they tend to get ignored. The
trouble with B6 is that it is a co-enzyme for so many reactions in the
bdy and if it is effective in ameliorating the symptoms of autism there
must be at least half a dozen explanations as to why.

I do appreciate the personal reports. After all, they are clinical facts
whereas much of what is written is interpretation of these facts or
hypotheses based around them.

Paul S.