From:
Karen Bulmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 10:43:23 -0500

>My five year old daughter is Celiac.
>I'm in trouble:
>how can I distinguish the diarrhea due to CS from diarrhea due to other
>intestinal pathology?

>I have the same problem with my 2 1/2 year old.  When he has diarrhea I;
1) carefully monitor what he is eating over the next couple days to see
if his diarrhea improves.  2) if there is any fever, rashes, crankiness
(excessive) I check temperature and monitor to see if a doctor visit is
warranted.

When he is throwing up, which he does if he gets more gluten than what
causes diarrhea. (I don't know how much this is because it's usually
something that I don't know he has eaten.)  Anyway for this reaction I
follow step 2 from above.

If anyone else has a better method please share.  Thanx.

Karen, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada