From:
MR JOHN W KNOLL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 16:49:05 EST

Hi,

I would appreciate some feedback with regard to a blood test and
consumption of Gluten before hand.

I have been on a wheat-free, dairy-free, and yeast-free diet for the
last 7 years.  One month ago, thanks to your list, I became aware of
Celiac and the connection with the Gluten in wheat.  I have read the
very informative FAQ file and Welcoming Letter, etc.

QUESTION:  On 11/29 I have a routine doctor's appointment and I
intend to ask him to give me a blood test for Celiac and would
appreciate opinions as to whether or not I should elevate my level of
wheat intake despite the discomfort I will endure to insure that the
test will reflect accurate results.

Even though I have been on a wheat-free diet, I was never aware of
the Gluten connection and consequently tried to eat foods that were
of oat bran, etc. ingredients and always felt like no matter how hard
I tried to avoid wheat or offending foods,  I was still missing the
boat!

Since I have found the Celiac Listserv, I have been compiling a list
of Gluten free foods and am delighted that I have found items such as
pancake mix from Authentic Foods which has given me delicious
pancakes that I haven't been able to eat in years.

I look forward to hearing from you.

John Knoll
Hermosa Beach, CA