From:
Eric Sciacca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 09:53:21 -0500

        I have been quiet so far about this debate because this list
definitely does not need any more posts than necessary, but it's
getting to the point where I'm about ready to unsubscribe because I
don't have the time or energy to spend 20 minutes a day just sorting
out which messages are useful, and which are not. A USENET group is
DESIGNED for this level of trafic. A LISTSERV is not. If I happen to
go away for a couple of days, my mailbox fills up and I get nice
messages from my system warning me to clean up, or risk losing some of
my Mail space. I have no problem with both a LISTSERV, and a USENET
group existing.  I understand that some people don't have access to
USENET, but I suspect that most of the reason that people seem
hesitant to switch formats is because they don't know how to switch.

        Another big advantage of a Usenet group is that more people
will be able to find us. People keep talking about how well moderated,
and clean this list is, but one of the major reasons for this is that
there are only 800 or so subscribers, and only a fraction of these post
on a regular basis. If this were a Usenet group, other Celiacs across
the world could join in, and add their information to ours. I would
find it refreshing to get some insights and opinions from people who
I haven't heard from 100 times already.

PLEASE consider creating a Usenet group. I find the information in
this list to be valuable, but my time is precious, and I would much
prefer the convienience of a group with headings, and threads to 25
mail messages showing up in my mailbox every day.

                                        Eric Sciacca